When to use Copper Silver Ionization POE solution?
A copper silver ionization poe solution water treatment application is installed on your side of the facility potable water meter with the express purpose of treating all of the incoming potable water before it goes into the facility.
Copper silver ionization POE solution often include larger amperage capacity (30 + amps / 208 VAC / 180 VDC), an extremely well calibrated flow meter (4-20ma) and normally no less than three (3) or more ionization chamber cells installed in paralleled to each other that will provide instant copper silver ionization injection.
Among some of the critical Legionella risk triggers that can justify the use of a CSI-POE system would include:
- Geographical location of the facility with incoming potable water temperatures above 68F/20C (and/or)
- Low facility occupancy = water stagnation (and/or)
- Age of the facility (and/or)
- Alleged Legionella issues without fully knowing the origins or location of the problem. (and/or)
- Overall Legionella risk assessment such as ASHRAE188 concludes that secondary water disinfection intervention is required.
Copper Silver Ionization Solutions with CSIDefender®
Copper silver ionization solutions engineered for facility potable water Legionella growth prevention and/or Legionella remediation.
CSIDefender® Copper Silver Ionization solutions are installed in buildings such as:
Why CSIDefender® Copper Silver Ionization?
- Guaranteed performance,
- Complies with International Plumbing Codes for both temperature and pressure,
- Complies with facility fire building codes,
- 100% compatible with any BMS system,
- Built in PLC software remote monitoring, remote management and remote data logging,
- Most powerful controller output amperage and voltage capacity in the industry,
- Redundant / backup safety features,
- Proven 15+ year track record,
- Unique ionization chamber cell engineering with internal laminar flow to extend the life of electrodes,
- Limited 10 year warranty on controllers,
- Best CSI Support via the Portal-Hub.com network,
- 24/7 toll free hotline for pre and post technology installation support,
- Global support network of qualified AquaLyse® and CSIDefender® Vendors.
DHW Copper Silver Ionization Applications
When to use Domestic Hot Water (DHW) only Copper Silver Ionization applications?
A Domestic Hot Water (DHW) copper silver ionization water treatment system is only installed in the facilities potable hot water system with the express purpose of only treating the DHW potable water.
CSI-DHW systems are relatively smaller compared to the CSI-POE systems and normally start at amperage capacity (10 to 60 amps “or more” / 208VAC/180VDC), optional (normally not required) use of flow meters depending on manufacturing requirements and one (1) to six (6) ionization chamber cells installed in paralleled to each other based on the overall DHW usage load.
Facilities with multiple DHW zones returning to a common mechanical room (yet remain separate at all times) can install more powerful “Multi-Zone” CSI technology to lower overall technology footprint and cost without having to compromise on performance or reliability.
Among some of the critical Legionella risk triggers that can justify the use of a CSI-DHW system would include:
- Geographical location of the facility with incoming potable water temperatures below 68F/20C (and/or)
- High facility occupancy = no water stagnation (and/or)
- Young / new facility (and/or)
- No known Legionella issues (and/or)
- The overall Legionella risk assessment such as ASHRAE188 concludes that secondary water disinfection intervention is only required for the DHW loop(s) and not for 100% if the facilities incoming water supply.